SAN DIEGO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
Director of events
- Develop and execute large & small scale star-studded events across all San Diego International Film Festival platforms (50+ per year, budgets up to $4.5M).
- Plan and direct event logistics including venue selection, vendor management, contract negotiation, budgets, staffing, guest travel and accommodations, premium procurement, food and beverage, on-site branding, décor, audio-visual, lighting, entertainment and security.
- Design and write copy for marketing materials, sponsor packets, festival brochures, blog pieces and social media
- Sponsorship outreach, contract negotiations and securement.
- Communicate effectively with filmmakers, talent, talent reps, agencies, executives and production teams.
- Recent examples include: Oscar's Viewing Party, HBO San Diego Premiere of "Big Little Lies" with Cast, HBO San Diego Premiere of "Barry" with Cast, Film Insider Series (6 screenings a year with film cast/directors), VARIETY Night of the Stars Celebrity Tribute, Party With a Purpose, Filmmaker Awards Gala, and various other events.
DIRECTOR OF EVENTS
- Lead online and offline marketing efforts
- Ran all aspects of Interactive Day San Diego, which is the premier west coast digital marketing conference. Responsibilities include speaker recruitment, volunteers, ticket sales, marketing/promo, run of show, vendor contracting, sponsor securement and negotiations
- Planned, budgeted and executed 30+ events per year, budgets up to $1M
- Increased event average profit margin by 32%
- Worked closely with graphic designers, printers and web developers to ensure the quality of our brand
- Updated website, social sites and created/distributed original content for weekly e-newsletter
SOCIAL MEDIA FREELANCE WRITER
SMART SAFETY GROUP
MARKETING COORDINATOR/EVENT PLANNER
FIJI WATER - NYC FASHION WEEK
SPECIAL EVENTS INTERN
SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT - EPIC RECORDS
MARKETING & SPECIAL EVENTS INTERN
ad 2 san diego
- Lead a board of 25 directors and a membership of 180 young professionals
- Managed, supported and grew tomorrow’s industry leaders by facilitating club efforts in all areas such as event planning, social media strategies and government relations
bachelors of business administration degree
MAJOR: Business Marketing - Emphasis on Entertainment / MINOR: International Business
- Golden Key Honour Society
- MAAC Division I Academic Achievement Awards (Rowing Team)
- Dean's List Honors for Academic Excellence